martes, 24 de enero de 2012

Back heel¡¡¡¡¡

Okay..is a lot of work but...is more pleasant to make the shoe by hand.
My theory is:If one person build that prop in the past (about year 1995??) for the film "BACK TO THE FUTURE", NOW at 2012 the techniques and process is more easy,and my experience today is better than twenty years ago¡¡

fo the back heel I use Super Sculpey clay. I made two pieces, left and right.
I showed all the process for the right piece.
Starting now¡¡¡
Pepakura model obtain of a simple 3d model. My 3d models have all the finest details ,included the back heel, but for pepakura models is better to remove unnecesary details.


Uhh ..ohhh NOOO its burned¡¡¡ do not put over 130 degrees¡¡¡¡

first prototype, first test in oven, good material¡¡¡¡


logos modelled by hand,a proof of patience.

 Adding a bump to the surface,one of the first paint bump tests¡¡¡¡


Making the "three part" mold.Authentic nightmare¡¡¡¡
And here is the video:

Untitled from manu R on Vimeo.




Untitled from manu R on Vimeo.


And here is the video of the mold opened for the first time:


Untitled from manu R on Vimeo.
Adding carefully by hand a urethane colors on the logos with the brush
My mold ended, just injecting a gray urethane rubber¡¡¡the drinking pipes was for the exit holes of the urethane excess. 
The heel with the tails of the injection mold.

First prototype made with polyurethane, to test the mold and all the exit holes.


In that photo you can see all the process, from first to the last prototype.

That is the last prototype made with urethane, I preparing a new piece made with a material more rigid.at now I use a shore hardness A17 and I need a Shore A50.I post more updates soon.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario